Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Day of the Coolers

Ever had a day where no matter how good you are or your hand is, there's a cooler just waiting to steal that pot from under your nose!

I had it last Monday/Tuesday.

In my regular pub game: My AQs with the flopped flush board (all-in) got beaten by straight flush on river... the villain in this had just doubled up in the previous hand thanks to my 77 against his 88 on a K78AK board... First time I went out before 1st break too! The side cash game saw me sitting on AA against a 'All-In Pre-Flop' 56 hand, was smug til the friggin board came out with X56XX. My Board HU race ended against R4AD when my A8 ran into his A10 on a A810 board... Went really deep on one of the online freerolls, was down to final 30 from 1000++ players after 2.5 hours playing, was 8th or 9th highest stack when I tangled in a four way all-in with 2 shorties and higher chipleader (I moved all-in before he did!) had AKs; Chipleader showed pocket 2s; board AKxx2 and its Good night, UL, GG, WP... blah blah blah... Out before the bubble!

FFS!!!!

Have secured a ticket for the Irish Amateur Poker Association Tournament (APAT) game in the Fitz this Saturday (also my birthday :-P ) ; Ciarán Moloney (aka 'Get In There' on Boards) and Frank Grace from IrishDeafPoker.com will be playing too... I don't expect to cash or go deep, but if I can beat the bottom 20% I'll be happy! Then move on to the cash tables and win back my losses! LOL!

4 comments:

Rounders123 said...

Only seen these entries now as i was away on holiday.
Have a great birthday and gl in the apat tournie i heard it was great last year.

Nice slinky black dress there btw :-)!
gwad i must sound like a stalker at this stage.

Ciarán said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ciarán said...

What?! I'm thinking of WINNING the bloody thing!!! I'm not going out there to avoid exiting amongst the first 20% of the field. In fact I dont care if i did as long as I got it in good!!! U oughta be thinkin d same!! Think positive lady!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

EDIT: DAMMIT HOW DO YOU ENTER SMILIES?!?!

QueenJ said...

LOL! Thanks Rounders - I'll have a drink on ya and claim it back later in the form of your scalp some Friday! ;-D

Sherrif - You say that ALL the time and have you won yet? Nope! I say THIS allllllll the time and ... ahem... I cash in 'somewhere' somehow! It's called reverse psychology... try it some time! I plan to have a fish badge on too LOL!!!!