Monday, April 14, 2008

I'm still here...

... just took a wee break... In sunny Lanzarote that is!

Came across a weekly 'Texas Poker School' held in a local British-run pub, in which the cards where somewhat differently dealt out - 'dealer' continues to deal out the flop, turn and river face down immediately AFTER dealing the hole cards and all other cards mucked/burnt are placed back on the deck(!) Ah. Realising that the results would be the same, I sat down for a €20 FO 'winner takes all' game. It was just as I suspected, a total walkover with 90% beginners but you DO need luck to play too dontcha? (Realise I need to improve my HU strategy big time) It's not all skill! Was unlucky to come 2nd against the guy who runs it every week... they tell me he wins it 3 weeks out of 4... (go figure!) Nice little earner sir!

Now what have I missed?

I got told by a friend (not a 'big' poker player) that my blog is not making sense to her... Ah. Was gonna do another blog, non-poker of course, but sure haven't I got facebook and bebo for that?!

No comments: