Saturday, March 22, 2008

When you sit down to a cash game...

...do pick the the table with the most empty beers, first-timer's and the free-flowing dosh! ;-D

After my elimination I went looking for a game, but there were waiting lists for all the games from 100 up, all cash games no SnG's. :-/

As I waited around for Susie Woosie to finish up, I had an idea of heading to the Jackpot to check out a game, Susan agreed... as I went to say my goodbyes - JCB suggested we try Cool Hand Lukes, as the Jackpot may be quiet, "This is a good night to make it on the cash tables - cos all the big players are here!" she added with a wink...

I went online the free internet access PC's provided by PPP and a link came up about the Tallaght Poker Room above the Atari-Expo in the Square. Hmmm, not too far away...

"You are joking!?" spluttered Susie "that's Knackersville!"

Ah lets give it a go Susie! She reluctantly agreed... on the condition that if there were goupies/gangs hanging around we were not going in. Agreed. The place was quiet and empty, just a lone smoker huddled outside. In we went...

Only two tables in swing, after conversing with management over membership, games on offer, etc.; we brought €30 in chips and set about deciding on which table to join... table 1 had 4 young lads and an aging Italian stallion, all serious, big chips in front of them. Table 2 had 5 men, pally-pally country style, swinging the free beers and laughing away... mixture of large and small stacks. Yep - that looks the most fun!

What a night! The craic was mighty with the banter, Susie topped up for €30, I topped up by €20; our fellow players were constantly topping up with eye-catching €100 bills: I calculated €600, €250 and €400 (the Aquarium) from three of the guys over the course of the evening! I was served beautiful cards here - two pairs, flushes and straights galore! My 'husband' (as christened by Susie) who was sitting to my left, managed to win most of his friends chips, but kept folding any time I raised. I took advantage of that where ever I could!

Like us, it was a first visit for these guys, they also had been put off by Paddy Power Poker IrisghOpen limitations on the cash games. The only thing that annoyed me was one gobby dealer who kept egging me to go 'all-in' when I was in the tank pondering a call from one of the "Aquarium"...

Susie went home with €211, and me... wellllllllll ;-D Let's say my poker tracker short-fall has now decreased to €151! It was a great night for just €50 odd!

We'll be back! ;-D

No comments: