Monday, May 26, 2008

Cash game in the Jackpot


Got well and truly jarred on Saturday night at a friend's 40th birthday bash... wasn't in the mood for dancing or house parties, so I dragged my sister to the Jackpot to check out the cash game and made a right holy show of myself!

We stumbled in the door, the place was buzzing with 3 cash tables running, I plonked myself down at the only empty seat at the 1/2 PL table... threw €50 at the dealer amid titters from the rest of the table, I glanced around and realised that I was surrounded by players with 400-600-800 in front of them! Eeek! Not wishing to admit defeat (along with drunken bravado) I ignored them and proceeded to take an interest in the game vowing to play ultra-tight...

Don't remember the first few hands, but notice there was a lot of loose-playing and hardly any bluffing, the chip-leader was in a raise/re-raise race with another player who was practically the next short-stack after me bar one, pushing him all-in, player re-brought for €250 then proceed to lose €200 in the next couple of hands to chip-leader again. Ouch! He stomped off on a break... Just after this I limped in with AJo, flop showed AJx, I called €20 bet to see turn before shipping my remaining €15 to win the pot and double up to €90. Folded several more hands before getting AA on the button; there were 5 limpers so I couldn't bet any more than €12 - a dry flop came out rainbow 10 high, chip-leader threw in €10, I called. Turn brought another low card, Chip-Leader checked... I bet €20... he insta-raised to push me all-in with a smug look and I duly obeyed; he showed KK and I exposed my aces slowly as the entire table cracked up laughing... Said short-stacked player came back, took one look at my stack and muttered 'what happened there...?' Chip-leader replied something along the lines of 'she can play... watch her!' R.E.S.P.E.C.T!

I slowly worked my stack up to €280, growing almost stone-cold sober at this stage! I got stung for €60 calling a player All-In with his 910 -v- my A6 on a 678Ax board then lost a bigger with my QQ's on a JJ10 board against another chip-leader's J9... ah well, so much for drunken bravado! I gave up at that point, it was 4am and I was too tired to continue anyway; went to prise my sister away from the roulette wheel! She was so loud, I was telling her off just as loud, we nearly got asked to leave! Eventually went home with €80... €30 more than I started! LOL!

Looking back I should have put a limit in my head, say €200, then got up when I had this amount... Ah well!

Good night but don't think I'll be playing Jackpot, drunk or sober, for a while!

Photo:Me & Sis - just before our Jackpot adventure!

No comments: