Monday, November 3, 2008

The Comeback Queen!

I knocked Susie Woosie off her 'Best Comeback' throne in the Bell tonight!!!

I was down to the proverbial 'chip and a chair' with 1k left on the final table, after making a stooooooooopid donk call (I'm too embarrassed to repeat the action here... it's that bad!) I so deserved to be knocked out! But, no the poker gods stood by me and helped that 1k run me all the way to 1st place for a cool €500!

There were 9 players left, with 5 places paid out, I was in BB with 1k. Blinds were 1/2k, going up to 1.5/3k in the next hand... action folded back to SB (newbie, who had came with his friend-same guy who benefited from my donk call) who shook my hand and said 'good luck' as he turned over K4 off. I replied "Thanks but I don't think you have me beaten..." turning over my favourite: QQ. No K on the board and my queens held, but I was still 2k playing into SB for 1.5k.

LAG in CO-1 raised to 6k; Newbie called, I looked down saw 2h3h, thought 'feck it...' and threw out my last 500 "ALL IN"... BB came along for the ride too. The flop showed Q 10 3 rainbow... my 8k side pot started to get eclipsed as the player in BB, LAG and Newbie all bet the flop heavily... Turn 2, putting a possible flush on the board, action saw more bets including one all-in but I was doing somersaults inside hoping the other players had nothing better than one high pair! River 7 and everyone checked(!) I threw down my two pair expecting it to be beaten... but no... none of the 3 had anything better than flush draws/straight draws(!) I was sitting on 8k, and we were down to 8 players!

Few hands later I was waiting for another spot to push, blinds had increased to 2/4k, when I got 55 and pushed for 8k... got 3 callers (Tweety, LAG and Newbie) flop came 864. I was mentally wishing for a 7 as the other 3 callers tripped over each other to take down the pot, raising and re-raising... of the three, Tweety really had me worried as the turn brought a Q . But my prayers were answered with the beautiful 7 on the river giving me a glory-saving straight to knock off Newbie's 2 pair (64 off BTW!), Tweety's AQ and LAG's A8!

With 32k I couldn't afford to get too comfortable... 7 players left and blinds on 3/6k and raising every 15 mins, Tweety pushed in MP with QQ for 13k, the LAG called (quell surprise!) as everyone else folded. I was in BB with Q10 suited, seeing it cost me 7k more to call... I felt I had a good shot knowing Tweety's tight range but with the LAG in the pot (it's hard to put him on a hand) I choose to call vowing to push if a Q or 10 appeared on the Board. We checked down to the river on a dry K high board, the LAG turned over K4off to win the pot and knock Tweety out. I was down to 19k, as we entered the bubble...

I sat tight folding for an entire orbit, losing 9k on the blinds; was UTG facing 4/8k blinds when I found 99... I shoved my remaining 10k over and got called by Newbie with K10 off and my pair held to give me a life-saving 14k extra chips to tie me over the next set of blinds. I managed to hold on to my BB but folded the SB... we lost the LAG into 6th place and I felt I could loosen up.

Susie Woosie was short-stacked on 8k (hardly surprising, as she was determined to fold her way pass the bubble!) pushed into my BB (blinds 5k/10k); Newbie who was in SB, was joint chipleader with his friend decided to fold(!) I checked my BB showing J8off, as Susie tabled her 55, board came out AKAxK and I had won with the 'better kicker' (ouch!) poor Susie Woosie was out in 5th place... Sorry Susie!

After this - I went card dead. On the final table I had smelt something fishy between Newbie and his friend, who was joint chipleader when it got to 4 hand... one would raise, the other re-raise and 1st raiser would fold their cards face up showing A8o, KQs; etc. Cards Harrington recommends playing with when down to 4/5 handed! They just wouldn't get into a pot with each other as myself and Phil folded... Phil ended up practically blinded out into 4th place. Sensing defeat, I was down to 8k in BB sitting on Q4, but the flop came out Qx4xx and I was up to 24k!

Next hand I was in SB, finding QJ suited I pushed, both guys called, board came out JJ3 and I was back in the game with 72k covering the Newbie's 68k, and just under the chipleader on 100k (approx)...

Next hand I found Jd6d on Button... I called the blind for 16k; Newbie checked the BB as his friend called in SB.

Flop came out QdKd2d

SD checked... Newbie checked... wanting to capitalise on this lovely flush board - I checked behind.

Turn 7h

Play went check, check... I threw out 20k; call... call...(!)

River 10h

SB said "all-in" ; Then Newbie announced "all-in" and I nearly wet myself thinking one of them had the Ace high flush! But I stopped and started going thru the hand in my head... realising something not right here; I'm not getting pushed off this pot when I am probably holding the better hand and shoved my stack over. Newbie showed 72; his friend had AQoff and my flush took it down to make me chipleader and Newbie was out in 3rd place!

Newbie's friend turned to me... "wanna split?" but I didn't hear him. Susie who was railing the game signed over to me 'don't ya dare split!!!' I signed back 'no way... I've got 4-1 lead!' 'He's just asked if you would split...' 'Oh did he?' turning to him: "sorry, no deal!"

Annoyed he shoved all-in; then with each hand dealt he continued to ask for a split, when I refused he then shoved all-in. Winning the pot/blinds each time til my chip-lead was down to 2-1... I finally got a hand worth calling a possible all-in threat from him. Finding Js8s in BB; I insta-called his now-predictable shoved... He had A4 off; but Board came out 63759 with the river bringing the one card to carry me home! At first Dealer declared other guy had the straight til I corrected him that I had the higher straight!

GG! WP! Pity about the crapshootiness at the end, good night...

It's been a nice end to a rather profitable week: Bringing home over €500 profit from the Fitz cash tables on Sunday (after crashing out from the FO which I never got going in...) and folding my way into 5th place as the shortest stack in Hartstown for €100; I finally hit the 1k profit challenge that I had set myself for October... with tonight's win, albeit 2 days late!

7 comments:

susiewoosie said...

Ha - knew you couldn't resist writing this up last night :)

You are officially the new come-back queen, i thought my 4k on final table was good.. but to scrap you're way back by PURE luck on 1k.... fair do's!!

Still can't believe my 55's got beaten by NOTHING! and Tweet beating me when i flopped the trip 2's and he rivers a bloody full house - seriously not fair...

Coulda Woulda Shoulda

But hey... at least i won my buy-in back!

smurph said...

Well Done,
I love your halloween outfit lol...The auld "Chip and a chair" syndrome.. excellent stuff

QueenJ said...

LOL I better change the profit pic now Halloween is over (Sniff! My favorite part of the year!!!!) I should have asked Susie to take a picture with all the chips & the money last night... as I believe in (the crazy belief but it works!) that having lucky symbols and money on the page will lead to wins! Add more on your bog and see!

Ouch! Ouch! Susie - you really had a run of bad beats last night, but having a good night out that cost you nothing - priceless!!!

trishakids said...

Still got more goodies than you na na na na naaaa lol Well done, 4 to 1 chip lkead and he expected an even chop? Stupid men!! Where was this?? And more importantly, why wasnt i there???!!

QueenJ said...

In the Bell pub in Blanch... it's a €50+10 pub game run by Dublin Poker Nights (DPN) with 10k starting stack! I love it... my favourite game of the week - kicks off at 7:30pm. A shark like you will storm the place...

Hey what you doing on 7th Dec ladies? The DPN have a team event/league final night on 7th Dec in Clonsilla Inn - I missed a whole month of playing during the league so I didn't have enough points to qualify and Robbie (DPN organiser) capped the league at 10 weeks... just right before my fine trail of final table places/cash wins which would have DEFINATELY got me a team place! (Boooooo!!!! HISSSSS!!!!)

In retaliation I plan to enter my own ladies team - have 3 players so far (myself, Ro Dorrington and Ciara) need 3 more... It's €360 per team of 6. Interested in joining me... JCB? Smurph?!!! Can

I persuade SusieWoosie to give away her Bell team ticket to join The 'Poke-HIM' Ladettes group too??????!

trishakids said...

Ah stick me down quick!!! Let me know when ya need the cash!! And what about this one The Avation Club de France has this EFOP thingy on in Jan, with a ladies Championship for €200 on the 9th Jan, so im defo gonna go and donate to the prizepool, flights cost €33 quid and hotel is 50 a nite for two sharing or 75 a nite for 3 sharing..whaddyareckon??

QueenJ said...

Your in!!! Woo Hoo! Ro got a ticket for another team, so if you know of any other female players...

Wouldn't mind a trip to gay Pareee in January but thought the EFOP was in December?!! Any links?