Monday, November 17, 2008

Rolling along...

Ray will laugh when he reads this! I took down the DPN's Bell game at 10:30pm last night...

DPN had barely filled 2 tables, when I arrived fashionably late at 8:30pm. I was so sure Graham would turn me away, but my pre-reg'ed stack was still on the table, minus whatever had already been blinded away. And the rest of the players were happy to let me in - more value for the pot!

Less than 2 hours later I was HU with Ciara the chipleader, with a well jarred Tony and his moody sidekick Tommy egging us on to split the prize... but neither of us would agree. Less than 5 mins later, I had narrowed her lead considerably from 3-1 to 1-1 and knocked her out to take the €330 first place. Not bad return on €60 for barely 2 hours playing!

In our final hand, I limped in with 76o, Ciara checked her BB; board showed 975 rainbow. Ciara checked... I pushed, Ciara looked at me for a minute then said 'yeah... okay, I call!' showing J9. Graham the dealer dealt the turn (J) and the Tommy/Tony duo started prancing around Ciara; patting her back and shouting their congratulations... Graham just looked at me mouthing "sorry" as he burnt for the final card; "just give me 7 or 8 please, Graham!" I retorted. The good man did as he was told, and put a lovely 7 on the river! Cue the "aaaaawwwwww"s from the prancing duo, as Ciara (ever the good sport) shook my hand.

I had been dealing for most of the weekend: Dublin 100 and the Bruce Poker Launch. The atmosphere in the Green Isle for the main event game on Saturday was very subdued compare to the livey buzz of Friday night. Several players were taking advantage of their hangover/drink-induced bravado with questionable play on some of the tables and getting lucky delivering sick beats to players holding the better hands pre-flop against low pairs-turned-sets/low flush draws or calling with gut-shots and hitting the straights. As we got down to 60/70 players the game improved considerably, I left just before they got down to 3 tables, had my eye on the luck-box Pat Mitchell (who had his name pulled for the Vegas raffle twice!) to take it down but he bombed out.

In contrast the Dublin 100 game in the Carlton exhibited a much higher standard of play, an nice unexpected number (49 in total) turned up to play considering the freeroll and two set of Championship Tickets on offer in the Green Isle, definitely no donks here!

With 25 minutes to the start, there was only 4 names registered, I offered to play instead and Stephen was happy to let me register. When I opened my wallet - I hadn't enough to pay and drove off to the nearest ATM. When I got back at 12:55pm, the numbers had swelled to 47 - Stephen just looked at me apologetically. I just winked at him and went straight over to the the dealers seat on the 5th table. Well done to Ray for taking it down - he played a sterling game all day. Kept crediting me for dealing him all his 'lovely hands' but I'm pretty sure he was bluffing half the time!!!

After dealing all weekend - I was itching to play! My favourite Bell deepstack was on at 7:30pm but Stephen wasn't letting me go til the final table started at 8pm... as I ran out the door, Ray called out "I bet ya off to the Bell?" I shouted back: "Dunno if Graham will let me play now... it's very late!"

LOL! I made it in the nick of time!

Big ups to Graham for keeping my place open so long!!!

12 comments:

Rounders123 said...

Fair play to you and nice win. Those red lips do it for me, as long as you dont tell me its Michael jackson that is!.

How did you manage to customise your template like that?. Where abouts in the template do you have to dabble to get it done etc?.

QueenJ said...

Cheers! I needed the ego boost after those soul-shattering attempts to get a Bruce ticket failed!

No, it's def not MJ... eek! I was actually admiring the chin when I picked it - can do those lush geishia lips no bother but I would lurve a smooth chin like that... LOL! ;-D

Anyways...

It's easy to find and put in a template - I just googled blogger+template+free+download and got thousands of hits! Then got the XML code and put it in the settings (layout-Edit HTML) you will lose all the sidebars/widgets and have to reset your links counters etc. But it's fun! I have a good one lined up already for Xmas... not too early or Smurph will go all 'Grrrrrrrr' at me!

PS who the geezer in your profile pic????

susiewoosie said...

oh man... the picture is freaking me out.. i feel like I'm at Michelle and Abi's all over again!

susiewoosie said...

oh and ps...well done last night!

dokearney said...

Nice one, well done!

Rounders123 said...

Its René Artois from Alo Alo which was a famous British Sitcom set in Renes French cafe set in the 2nd world war. If you were familiar with the show i would have felt safe answering your question with "You stupid woman" which was a famous catchphrase of Rene's throughout the show. he would usually say it if he was caught by his wife in a steamy embrace with the Frence resistance women!. He was a likeable bumbling french bartender that everyone had a piece of The Germans, The Resistance and it centered around a painting titles "The fallen Madonna with the big boobies!."

Yeah thats a good cop on the chin it is an attractive chin but like an idiot im honing onto the lips like nothing else matters. I bet theres a chin line when the makeup comes off though!.

Thanks for the info on the template, i was likeing it until the bit about having to reset the links and counters but shur i could always copy and paste them but i fear i'll screw the whole thing up. I might put the French Tricolor in if theres one about!.

smurph said...

Wow,
like the new set up girl.. Well done in the win,,, yepee....

Are any of you going into the Fitz tonight. it is the €20 rebuy (max spend €80) but they are adding 2 tickts for the Fitz festival worth €1,075 each) to the prize pool. I say they'll get a good crowd in. There is a thread on boards about it
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055420512

It will be a bit of a minefield but the chance for the extra tickets makes it so worthwhile

QueenJ said...

I never got into 'Allo 'allo the angst teenage feminist me of that time got irked at the notion of 'stupid woman' being funny! LOL I laugh now! You are way older than your 34 years Aidan, or else you have a pendant for all things from the 80's!!?

LOL @ Susie - I agree, Abi (aka IMFT) and Michelle our uber-glamorous "ahem" friends would drool... (HiHi Abi I know you are reading here! ;-D LOL!!!!)

I'm in the mood to play tonight after my class finishes at 8:30... but where: local pub with possible easy pickings from atrocious players (who could win by pure luck too!) the Jackpot's €45 value-FO or the mental re-buy in the Fitz with good value added (but can I hack the pace?!!) I'm flying to Amsterdam tomorrow evening for the weekend...

Hmmm... Decisions! Decisions!

trishakids said...

FITZ!!! No contest!! Well done you!

Anonymous said...

Hello

Sorry to trouble you but I have an opportunity you MAY be interested in.

I work for the Big Slick in Purley Also I am the Affiliate Manager for Big Slick Online which is our own skin on the IPOKER network. Aside from the Gutshot and obviously now DTD they are probably the two biggest clubs in the UK with around 10000 members between them. We have dealer dealt tourneys every night of the week as well as regular 20K guaranteed monthly tournaments.

Would you be interested in acting as an affiliate for the online site and also possibly sponsorship from the clubs ? I am sure you are aware IPOKER network (the same as Blue Sq,VC etc) is the biggest in Europe and we now guarantee over 12million a month in tourneys.I am VERY confident I can give you both the BEST affiliate deal for you recommending players but also the BEST "loyalty deal" if you play on IPOKER yourself ?

Your blog is frankly excellent and I assume you must be getting decent traffic and of course you must know loads of players which is obviously ideal for me.

If this is of any interest to you then please contact me crm@bspoker.co.uk or mayur_patel10@hotmail.com and if not then apologies for troubling you.

Kind Regards

Mayur Patel

trishakids said...

LOLOL The big slick comment is doing the rounds i see, i got it througfh an email...anyway missus you havent been on bebo or facebook, lemme know when this game is, Sinead is a defo, and Rachel needs dates! I mailed you my num!

QueenJ said...

Yahoo! Texting ya now chick...

That's our team sorted! ;-D We have Lucinda, Ciara, Sinead, Rachel, you n me!

I'll text ya for more details and put in the form to DPN tomorrow!