Thursday, December 4, 2008

AA... QQ... No good...

Arrived late, spur of moment decision, blinds 50/100 first hand get AA in MP. UTG+1 and +2 limp in... I raised to 400. BB (Total Donk) calls, as do the two limpers(!) Flop 7d7x6x, action checks around to me. I fired out 1,500... Donk calls, limpers fold. Turn 6d... Donk looked happy at this, but checks looking at me warily... I checked behind putting him on a pair or AK-A2 diamonds; River brought the 10h and Donk fires out 3k. Thinking he had missed his flush or was hoping for A high kicker or higher pair... I just had to call. Donk turns over K6 for the house.

K6 OFF! WTF!!!!!

Down to 3.5k, I folded two more hands after this. In Co-1 I look down to see QQ. Blinds had increased to 100/200 I raised to 600, CO said 'call' and put 200 on table - when told that it was 600, he made to fold but was told he had to call - cue 5 mins of 'but I didn't hear!' and 'I shouldn't have to call!' before he grumpily put the remaining 400 out... Ciara called (BB with 4k stack). Flop came out Kd10dx... Ciara checked. Knowing the CO had nothing worth calling I shoved for 2,900. CO and Ciara calls(!) I'm bricking it, praying they are flushing or overvaluing their pair of 10s.

Turn K (Ciara bets... CO folded showing 7d9d flush draw) Ciara tables AdQx for gutshot straight, and I'm fist-pumping inside!!! Good call me!

But no...

River brings the friggin Jack to give Ciara teh luckbox her straight and I'm out less than 20mins after I started.

Meh!

2 comments:

susiewoosie said...

grrr alright... reminds me of Marian beating me loads last Sun on the cash tables....

she's such an annoying luck box!!!

QueenJ said...

Luckbox?! She was a total bully! 1/2 table - 3 callers and Marian goes 'raise to €35'(!) LOL! No wonder she did well... she played 85%!