Saturday, February 7, 2009

DPN Dunboyne Debut

DPN are starting a new game in Dunboyne on Friday nights - really good structure: 10k, 25 min blinds but I feel €50+10 is a bit low, they need raise the buy-in to get more players. Dunboyne Castle is really lovely venue and there's no pressure on the game to be finished by a certain time. Starting at 8pm with 35 players approx, it wrapped up at 1:30am.

I'm too tired to recall key hands, very unlike me... Ha! But my table was a mixture of LAGs, Newbies as well as a couple of DPN regular donks. One LAG kept annoying me big time, calling raises with any two and getting lucky, claiming the pots showing one card and mucking the other before anyone could object. I raised big with JJ in MP, and he called from SB flop comes K high, he bets out, I re-raise, he insta-shoves.... I folded my JJ face up and he shows his King with a smirk, when he showed the other card to his friend, I insisted on seeing it too. Yelling angrily "K6? What!!!! You call my raise with that muck?" he replied "Aaaahhhh I like kings, anyway I had the chips and they were sooted... har! har!" Grrr! Lucky chancer(!) That action would be his undoing... Later he raised in CO-1 and I called from BB with Kc6c (Oh yes... they were soooooted!) board yielded KKxxx and I check called all his bets to the river. He went very quiet after that, lost a race, grew short stacked got blinded out then took off to the cash table. The table got boring after he left...

After a couple of good pots, I hovered between 18k-26k for several orbits, but never got pass 26k, went down as low as 11k then back up to 25k before crashing out in 10th place, after losing two prime races AIPF holding AJs (into Benny's 10 10) and AKs (into newbie's 88) no help from the board on either race and I was gone... Meh(!) Benny later put my chips to good use on the final table to end up HU and split 50-50 with Maddog's friend. GG, WP Benny! That Newbie ended up on the final table too and exited a respectable 3rd place... beginners luck can happen, we so want more players like him! ;-D

After my defeat I wandered over to the cash table, really soft with €1/€2 rake per pot. Putting €40 down (all the cash I had left on me!) and got up 3 orbits later with €210. I just played my best hands and they paid off... for once(!)

Good night, good game, hope it continues!

Tomorrow night the Irish Deaf Poker are hosting their first ever team event, I'll be the non-playing TD, but we will have a proper cash table with dealer - looking forward to that!

No comments: