Monday, February 9, 2009

Suckouts!

This weekend the pokah gods are playing sick jokes on me... dishing out lovely hands, with a gullible player calling for the ride only for them to hit the better hand! If you don't like bad beat stories look away now!

IDP cash game: JJ in BB, .25c/.50c, Cee straddles UTG for €1, 3 callers, I make it €10. He calls, rest folds... low flop with 2 clubs... action goes check, raise, call all the way to the river when a club appears, Cee shows the Kc2c to claim a lovely pot(!) I get Queens, shove big, called by Donal-the-Value he turns over J9 and board comes Q810...4...K meh!

Fitzwilliam cash: K8 on button, limped in to a family pot. Flop comes Kh, 8x, 3h... SB bets the pot, 2 callers, I want to re-raise but made a mistake with my chips so it's accepted as a call(!) Turn brings another 8, SB bets out pot, actions folds back to me, I shove he calls and turns over 33 for lower house. But the river? Another 3(!) Grrrrr!

UK Deaf Poker Online Reunion £1k guaranteed William Hill: UTG I'm short stacked with 850 chips approx, blinds 50/100 finding AsKs I raise all-in; Chipleader (who has been dogging me BIG time) calls showing K10 off. Board comes out: AxKx10s...Js...10x. FFS!

Bell Sunday Deepstack Game: I'm 2nd chipleader after Shay, and finding KKs UTG I make it 1800 to go (blinds 300/600). Action folds back to Shay in SB, he flat calls and BB gets out of the way. Flop comes 8c7c2x - Shay checks, I bet 2.6k (yes I know I should have bet more! But...) he re-raises to 7k. I shove... he hums for a second then calls without asking 'how much' for my remaining 5.5k and tables 9d 10d for OESD(!) Of course he hits a Jack to complete his straight, on the river(!) So sick!

My tracker line is on a downward spiral(!)

Anyone got any prayers, suggestions, superstitions to appease them gods in order to achieve a decent cash prize to put me back into the black?!

4 comments:

Ciarán said...

Suggestions as to how to get back in the black?? Simple - Keep playing these kind of players

QueenJ said...

LOL! Okay... so where are YOU playing this week then Cee?

Ciarán said...

I've just pratically revealed my alias on stars on my blog. Look me up and I'll donk my chips your way

QueenJ said...

LOL... been a while since I played on Stars! I play crap online!