Monday, January 19, 2009

Copycats never win!

Thursday night and the Gum was in flying form... we hadn't seen her in ages, she was telling us about her latest 'big' success at the Fitz cash tables last week sitting down with €300 and leaving with €1850! Sweeet!

Betting 4xBB UTG+2, as Gum traditionally does with any two in the opening hand, I called holding KcQc in BB (this is our very first hand of the night, BTW) SB comes along for the ride too. The flop comes out JQ10 all spades, I check-raised her and she called my raises on all streets before pushing when the 8s appeared on turn. I folded reluctantly and she proudly shows 99s with the 9 of spades for a sick straight flush! Niiiice! I was down to 3,250 before the second hand was dealt. My, has our Gum has really improved big time?

But no... But we were reminded how baaaaaaaad she plays too! Playing Q6 into AQ on a Q6xxxx board, and winning with J8 against AA and AK on Kx8xJ board(!) Then ousting me spectacularly in 2nd level holding the sickest hand yet: I raised with Ah8h, she called, board reads out A54 two hearts. Betting out she re-raises to put me all-in, which I duly called with top pair and flush draw as you do... only to see her coolly lay 54 off on the table(!) FFS! Cue titters all around...

Last night in the Bell, there were several new faces, some regulars missing and a new early bird chip offer that really worked as the game started off on time with two full tables. Looks promising for future games! One of the new players made a comment about all the women playing - there was 4 of us last night (Gum was absent)- expressing amazement when I told him we had 8 female players on the 'DPN network', in his local 'game' there was no female players at all!

A number of players noticeably changed their playing styles last night to mixed results. A couple of loose players tightened up, usually aggressive players turned into calling stations and slow played premium hands, while tight/safe players turned up the volume... I played like a total donk (I was genuinely trying to see if Gum's method works! LOL!) and paid for it bombing out 3rd last! GG!

Meh!

I'm still looking for some cash coaching, if anyone has any recommendations!?

2 comments:

smurph said...

http://dokearney.blogspot.com/

Hi,
If you check out dara o'kearneys blog he is starting to do a bit of coaching.... might be worth a shot

QueenJ said...

Saw that... its tournament coaching he's offering, but the fecker owes me 2% so might take it up with him on that for a deal! ;-D

Seriously its cash games coaching I need... you offering by any chance?!