Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What's your best April Fool's?!

We have our monthly team meeting first Wednesday of every month. Today was no exception, there an long and heavy agenda to discuss.

I deliberately stayed quiet during the meeting (very unlike me, by the way!) especially in talks about future plans/projects etc. When asked for AOB everyone did their piece and the team leader started to wind the meeting down "...okay, that's it, right?"

I switched on my best poker face "Ahem! Hum, err, actually there's one more thing... I've got some, erm, bad news to announce." Cue shuffling of chairs as people sitting up straight to listen closely

"Well, erm, there's no easy way to say this ... but... I handed in my resignation to the Regional Manager yesterday. I'll be leaving the company on 30th April."

Cue audible gasps, shocked looks, sheer panic in some faces, confusion on others... Team Leader's face goes purple and her eyes budge maddeningly behind her glasses as I continue:

"I've been under a lot of pressure lately, I'm really finding it harder to juggle everything, I've also worked it out that I would actually be better off financially if I wasn't working... I'm really sorry guys!"

"But... but... WAIT a minute! What wasn't I informed... " The Team Leader injected then a smile appeared on her face as she scrabbles for her watch "Ah feck off Julianne! It's gone past noon, yeah... 1:13pm! No April Fools jokes allowed pass noon! Ha! Ha! Gaaawwwwd! You really had going me there! Get outta here you brat!!!"

LOL! Ah, it was soooo worth it for those 20 seconds just to see those faces: priceless!!!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, good AF joke there. It also lets you know how much you are appreciated in the workplace :)

PS: Just found your blog and really enjoying the read. See you at the fitz!

QueenJ said...

Thanks... now I'm trying to figure who YOU are!

You better come over and say hello in the Fitz next time ;-D

Unknown said...

I'll be sure to do that.

On sunday I played the IO sat and won one of the 3 tickets. At one point you asked me if Alan was still in it and I said I wasn't sure who Alan was.

QueenJ said...

Ah, I remember! Did you have a cap on?!

LOL! It was Dara (Doke) I was asking you about... Well done on winning the IO ticket! The multi-rebuys put me off playing it.

Will you play or sell it?

Unknown said...

Yes, I wear a cap.

I still have problems with the Irish accent, hehe. The amount of things I hear wrong is just beyond me.

The multi rebuy thing did put me off a bit too, but I decided on a set amount of rebuys I was willing to get (1 + the addon) and went anyway. Even though I'm only an amateur player one of my goals in poker is to play in one of the bigger tournaments like IO, EPT or WSOP - just for the kick of it.

I'm not planning on selling it but might be selling %'s if anyone would be interested... I'm not planning on many takers though :p

QueenJ said...

That was a good rule to have, limit the re-buys... it did you well then!

Good luck playing - I've a bit of a way to go yet before I can think about the IO, nevermind any of the other festivals!

trishakids said...

Thats sooo bad!! Evil! I went one worse tho..had a pregnant friend of mine wee on a stick, gave it to the ex/on-off boyf and said congrats... he had a canary lmao! Had him goin til late that nite haha

QueenJ said...

OMG Trisha! That's really low...

Says she who did the same to an Ex-BF 10 years ago but it backfired he was friggin delighted with the news and rang ALL his family(!) Eeeeeek!

Rounders123 said...

Oh card dealer!, that makes sense now. Initially i never even twigged it was a mistake, shur you'd be up for anything so car dealer wouldnt have surprised me!.

QueenJ said...

LOL! Up for 'anything'(!) Yep... as long as it's decent and I benefit good from it! :D

Mind you, my sales tactics are a bit rusty but I am a very good negotiator so I've been told!