Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bubble Girl

Went to a 40 player local pub poker event on Monday night... tough game - had to fight my corner all night. We started with 8k. Had a huge pot with 4k of my chips in it held a lovely full-house Js over 6s beaten by 4-of-a-kind 6s, and really battled to regain my chips after that. There was a lot of slow-playing on the table with the big cards only revealing themselves after the flop or river. We had no less than SIX 4-of-a-kind sets on my table in the first 15/20 hands...

Was down to 2.8k at the 12 player point, then went all in on last two hands had several callers and won both pots with a straight and full house of aces over queens, before landing on final table as 3rd highest chip-leader!

Feeling really good about myself at this stage, earlier the players who had some smart comments were now full of respect...

I folded the first 2 hands on final table, then my next 3 hands on final table were all Q10 suited - first hearts (flop was clubs) then diamonds (flop was clubs) 3rd Qc10c and the flop was spades! Unlucky! Had to lay them down. All the pots went to the guy to my immediate right (now chip leader).

I had 47k left. Then came my exit hand:

Blinds was 2000/4000 at this stage. Was in BB on the 6th hand, had a AdKs, UTG opened for 15,000. Everyone else folded. I had 43k left and battled to call him with 11k or push all in... but as UTG was leading with approx 90k, I opted just to call.

Flop showed Jd 3d and 8d. With my Ad advantage, I thought for a moment decided to push all in with my remaining 32k hoping to present a 'flush' advantage crediting him with just a pair.

But UGT called with AsAh!

River and Turn showed a club and spade and I was out in 8th place... just before the bubble!

The smart comments came flying again FFS! Really felt like a fish leaving that pub...

No comments: