Thursday, March 6, 2008

Team Event in memory of Sean Jethi

I've done the unthinkable! I'm joining an all-girls team for the the above event on Saturday 8th March...

Was hoping to pull a team of Deafies from IDP but none of the regulars were willing to part with their money(!) Typical! Went to Boards.ie to PM JP an apology (...else the guy will start to think I'm all talk and no action - getting info on his tourneys and never turning up!) he replied that there will several teams short of a player, including the ladies team' so 'do come along'...'

Right... have to get over my fear of strangers and make an entrance! Errr... hold on a sec...

PM'ed the Ladies captain for info and pushed myself a s a possible player, we exchanged numbers, chatting away via text I realised this was Laura the Cash Tables Organiser from the IPO last Oct! (*Did a stint as a dealer at the IPO in Oct'07 - tough job, couldn't deal fast enough for the table and got told off every time I made a mistake... really made me appreciate dealers a whole lot more.)

And now I'm on the team, €120 poorer, but gawd I better play good this Saturday... Gonna be a real test for me!

No comments: