Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Why is the non-event always better fun??!

Went to Hartstown last night - got off to a great start built my chips to 18k then crashed out on AA hand on a AQ97Q board against Paul S's Q9 - he just got lucky on river(!) Great start alright... meh!

Was about to head home when GCCS (also out early) asked me if I would be interested in a €20 side game with 3 other players... ah sure, I might as well! Ended up in a BRILLIANT heads-up contest against a guy who came from 250 down to 5k up by HU! We were so well matched, that our HU lasted 75 minutes (I'm not joking!) - but the main game ended (and rule is: game over for all side games) so we had to stop and split the €100 pot between us... Still GG!

I found out last weekend that Pigsback had a special freeroll scheduled for tonight: offering a free ticket to the ladies event, another chance to get my money back... Hmmm! I was so geared up for it all week! Even pressurised all my fellow IDP female players to join in too! While registering for it, I notice another freeroll on offer starting an hour before the Pigsback: the "Blog-tastic Freeroll" to celebrate the opening of the PPP Irish Open. Ah feck it - I'll try that one too...

The BlogFR kicked off with 500 players, the going was good, then the Pigsback started... and I was multi-tabling for a while. But disappointingly the PB game was totally hand-dead for me... I sunk like a puny raft made of blood bags in a sea of sharks!

So back to the BlogFR I went! The banter was mighty: LavigneAvril, Sticky28, Maximuuuuux, and Taffmaster1 all kept me going for 3 hours! My cards were good too... I even mange to whack a couple of marvellous bluffs and take down a big pot too! Before I knew it I was sitting on the final table(!) Whay!!!!

Was kicked out in 6th place with $12, I was so delira n excita to be on the final table I got way too happy (the vodka I poured myself during the breaks might have helped a bit! ;-D) and I called all in (with 87k) on pocket 5's on a A44 37 board... only to lose out to Taffman1 (on 180k) and his Ace!

Still great game... Taffman1 went on to win first place with $75. We manage to keep the banter going til the end - well done man! I'll be watching out for you around PPP!

Hmmm I've a feeling I'm not going to enjoy the ladies event - but get me to the nearest SnG/Cash game and I betcha I'll sweep the floor there and come home all flushed with the excitement! Bring it on! From a 500 field down to the final 10... c'mon this was my best result yet! And it didn't cost me a penny!!!

Good luck to all the players starting in the IO tomorrow! (especially Sticky28 who is having breakfast with Doyle Brunson too as well as playing in the IO!)

1 comment:

smurph said...

Best of Luck in the Ladies Event tomorrow, don't forget to drop over and say hello...

I was fortunate enough to win a Ticket in the Fitzwilliam Card Club for the Irish Open and im playing tomorrow. Could not get the day off work to play today, so be it...

Martin got a ticket in the S.E. so we are both staying over on Friday night.

Take Care,

Colette